Useful for monitoring purposes for the support team-
Tcodes: RSPCM, RSPC1, RSPCM, BWCCMS
Programs: Go to tcode SE38, enter the program name as RSPC* and press F4.
Observe the list of programs that appear:
- RSPC_CCMS – Start of BW CCMS monitor
- RSPC_CHAIN_RESTART – Restart process chain run (Caution!)
- RSPC_DISPLAY_JOBS – Display of Jobs with display of program parameters
- RSPC_LOG_DELETE – Deletion of process chain logs and assigned process logs
- RSPC_LOG_SHOW – Display of log for a process
- RSPC_MAINTAIN – Process Chain maintenance
- RSPC_MAINTAIN_SINGLE – Process chain maintenance (one chain)
- RSPC_MAINTAIN_SINGLE_NOLOG – Process chain maintenance using a type and variant
- RSPC_DEMO_CREATE_CHAIN_BY_PROGRAM – Demo: Creating a process chain per program without user interaction
- RSPC_PROCESS_FINISH – Report end of a process
Tables: Go to tcode SE11 and in the database table, type RSPC*. Press F4. Continue reading “Process Chain Monitoring – Useful Programs and tables”
The standards and guidelines in this post apply to situations where you must move flat files into the BW environment and load them through the BW flat file interface. You may only load from flat files when you absolutely cannot use the BW Service API, the DB Connect interface, or the Universal Data Connect interface to extract data into BW.
File Locations on the BW System:
As part of your solution implementation, you need to ask the Basis team to create at least one file system directory for your application’s flat files. You should request a folder under the following path;
NOTE: Refer your client’s SAP BW Naming Convention document for the details to follow naming convention.
Managing Flat Files in BW Process Chains
The BI Technology group has developed four custom process types to help you manage flat files in BW. You can find these process types under “General Services” in the Process Chain Maintenance tool. Their icons and descriptions appear below:
Each of these process types can perform its process on either the local BW system or on a remote system accessible from the BW server via ftp. In addition, each process type allows branching to one of two subsequent processes based on success or failure.
Standards Continue reading “BW Development Standards Part 10: Flat File Management Guidelines”
This post describes standards for building process chains in SAP BW at any generic development project.
Process Chain Names & Attributes Standards:
Process chain technical names should begin with Z or as per your client naming conventions.
Descriptions for meta chains (parent process chains that execute sub-chains) should include “Meta” or “Parent.”
- Never leave a process chain under the default, “Not Assigned,” Display Grouping. Use the Display Components toolbar button ( ) to assign new process chains to the appropriate display grouping.
- Refer your client’s SAP BW Naming Convention document for Display Grouping technical names
- If you have a large application composed of multiple logical subsystems, you may create multiple display groupings for your application. Doing so can help you organize your process chains by subsystem. Just make sure the name and description conform to the client standards.
- To ensure that you do not leave process chains abandoned under the “Not Assigned” display grouping, consider getting into the habit of assigning the display grouping immediately after you create the Start process for new process chains.
Process Chain Scheduling: Continue reading “BW Development Standards Part 9: Process chain Standards and Guidelines”
While loading flat files on application server to BW targets via a process chain, the load to PSA may fail due to special characters in the file.
Thus the info package step itself will fail with Continue reading “Process chain error due to # character in the file”
The exchange rate in the BW system may not be updated one. Also the business wants to see the amounts according to the exchange rates in the source. In such cases, you have to update the exchange rate in the BW system via process chain.
Include the step ‘Execute ABAP Program’ in the process chain.
Give the program name as Continue reading “How to update exchange rates via process chain in BW”