This is very useful transform for creating Time dimension tables. It generates dates incremented as you specify.
- Start date : Start date range starts from 1900.01.01
- End date: The date range ends with 9999.12.31. Instead of selecting values you can pass variables also.
- Increment: You can specify date interval between the sequences. You can increment it as daily, weekly or monthly.
- Join rank: While constructing the join, sources will be joined based on their ranks.
- Cache: The dataset will be cached in memory to be used in later transforms.
- Drag the date_generation transform from the object library on to the workspace, connect it to a query transform and then to your target object-
- Now open the date_generation transform and mention values-
- Now in the query transform, apply some functions like month (), year (), quarter (), day_in_month (), week_in_year () etc to be shown as output-
- the data flow is completed now, you can save and execute the data flow. View the data-